Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Finally! How to Keep Brownies from Sticking to the Pan

My grandma  always makes brownies when any of her kids or grandkids are around.  The first thing I do when I walk in her house is peek at the counter to see if the old Tupperware container is awaiting my brownie seeking fingers.  If I don't get the chance to go to her house, I can expect a Cool Whip container or 2 filled with brownies as well.  :-)  We love our brownies.  I find myself taking on habits of my grandmother more and more as I get older, but the "brownie habit" is definitely here to stay.

I try to keep a box or two of Pillsbury brownie mix in my pantry at all times.  Yes, I've tried making my own from scratch, but they're not nearly as good.  Even with the mix, I never make them quite like my grandmother.  I never fail to have a rectangle shaped crust stuck to the pan.... until yesterday!

Now, this is probably a trick everyone already knows.  I tend not to get the memos when it comes to cooking.  However, if you haven't tried lining your baking pan with wax paper, you must (unless you're as skilled as my grandma)!  This time, when I made brownies, I greased the pan and lined it with wax paper before pouring in the batter.  Not only were we able to eat the edges of the brownies, but cleaning was much easier.  I'll never make brownies any other way again.

1 comment:

  1. I am a new follower and hope you will follow me back.
    Nancy
    www.findingblessingsineverydaylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete